Now when it is winter, homeowners are preparing for the coming months of Ice and Snow that will create havoc on the outer concrete surfaces. Concrete sealers are an essential tool for protecting the concrete throughout the year, but they are especially necessary for the winter.
Concrete is a tough material, but requires constant maintenance to avoid damages. Diamond Cut Concrete reminds us the importance of concrete cancer repair to prevent expensive reconstruction of your building and properties.
Ice melt can cause damage to the concrete surfaces. The freeze cycle that occurs during the cold months is also very damaging. This is the time when water that entered into concrete during the spring, summer and autumn freezes and expands in the winter resulting in cracks. Best Concrete sealers from Contreat can prevent damage from both of these.
Important Tips –
Below are mentioned some important tips to remember when choosing a concrete sealer.
- Application of sealers should be done when temperatures are at least 50 degrees Fahrenheit. For the majority of sealers, the minimum temperature is 40 to 45 degrees.
However to be safe a number of professionals recommend to apply sealers when the temperature is 50 degrees or more. This depends on the weather conditions and the type of sealer used.
- It is also necessary to choose a concrete sealer that is compatible with any treatments or decorative overlays which the concrete surface is having.
- Remember the aesthetic you would like the concrete to have. Some concrete sealers have Matte finish while others are high gloss.
- Concrete may get very slippery in the winter because of Ice and Snow. Make sure that the concrete sealer doesn’t show that risk.
- To have a long life of the concrete sealer see that the outdoor surface on which it is applied has proper drainage. The pooling of water from melted ice or snow or rain not only quickens up the damage of the sealer, but it may also change to Ice. This is dangerous and also you will need to use ice melt which speeds up the deterioration of concrete sealers.
- Keep a note of how much traffic the concrete surfaces are exposed to and also the conditions it is exposed to. Areas that are exposed to just the foot traffic require a different type of sealer than the areas which are exposed to cars.
Benefits of Effective and Durable Sealer
Stain deterrence is one of the biggest benefits derived from concrete sealers. This is especially beneficial when you have chosen decorative concrete, such as pattern stamped pool or interlocking paver driveway or patio.
You would definitely not like the expensive concrete to get stained, exposed, aggregate or stamped. Sealers give a thin coating and cover the pores preventing any sort of oil or other substance to penetrate into the concrete.
This increases the durability of the concrete and makes it look better for a longer duration.
Call a professional because the professional will take all the factors into account and select the proper concrete sealer for you. Sealers decrease the rate of deterioration of concrete which extends its life and also preserves the beauty.
It also makes the surface cleaning easy and it is easy to maintain which lessens the need for repairing of concrete to be done in the spring. Proper application of the concrete sealer may last for years.
If the sealer is applied to the concrete before winter then it will not only save the trouble in the coming winter but for many more winters to come.