Choosing the Right Industrial Table for Your Workplace
Industrial furniture plays a vital role in enhancing the efficiency and productivity of a commercial workplace. The environment of an industrial workplace can often be harsh, so the furniture must be heavy-duty so it can withstand any type of rough handling. Industrial tables are made of strong metals like steel, so, they are a great option for such workplaces as manufacturing units, clean rooms, laboratories etc. (Information Credit – rdm-ind)
Types of industrial tables
To choose the right industrial table best suited for your workplace, you need to know the types of worktables. Industrial tables are used as workbenches where workers can place different objects and take care of light tasks like making small components and repairing things. There are many types of industrial tables and workbenches used in commercial workplaces, such as –
- Standard flat top workbench: This is the most common and popular type of industrial workbench. It can be adjustable, rolling, or stationary. General standard tables normally have four legs, while the heavy-duty ones have six legs. Various materials are used for the surface of the table, including stainless steel, plastic laminate, solid wood etc. You must choose the table surface best suited to the type of work you do. A great benefit of this worktable is that it is able to take a high load, so, you can work with heavy tools on it without causing any damage to it.
- Workbenches with recessed front legs: This worktable is especially preferable in workplaces that require unrestricted leg movement. IT is available in the tech bench style as well as flat top table design. The most popular material used for the surface of this table is electro-polished stainless steel. These workbenches also have the capability of withstanding heavy loads. So, they are a great option to place heavy equipment and power tools on them.
- Adjustable height tables: These workbenches are immensely popular in industrial workplaces for their unique advantage of raising or lowering the seat to adjust the height according to the need of the user. Generally, is a workplace, the workers do their job for long hours, but they can develop health problems like back pain and neck pain from sitting in the same position constantly. However, adjustable height tables offer the liberty of working while sitting or standing. Adjustable tables are available in manual styles, electric motors, hand crank styles etc.
- Tech benches with upper shelving: These workbenches are mainly required in workplaces that need workbenches with certain electronic accessories and outlets. The tech benches are made with upper shelving and lower cross members. Like standard flat top workbench, they are also available with four, six or more legs. You can have one or multiple upper shelves with it, an overhead light boom, or other accessories.
Apart from these, industrial tables also have many other styles according to the different work applications required. Such as flow rack workstations, computer LAN/WAN workbench, laminar flow workbench, double-sided workbench, shipping and packaging workbench etc.
Considerable facts to choosing the right industrial table
Each type of industrial table has its unique characteristics. You need to choose the one that is best suited for your workplace and working needs. To choose the right workbench, these are the points you need to consider –
- Material: The strength, durability and sustainability or a workbench depend on the material, it can either enhance your productivity or cause the downfall of your business. So, you need to be careful while choosing the material. Stainless steel is the best material for workbenches compared to wood because of its durability as well as corrosion resistance. On the other hand, glass table surfaces are easy to clean and can be a great option for sketching and drawing, but it is not for woodworking fields.
- Brand: It is always best to buy your workbench for a reputable manufacturer with a reliable brand name. You need to keep in mind that all types of industrial furniture must maintain their standard to provide the workers with the best working experience, so, you must not take be tempted by manufacturers that offer worktables at a cheap rate. You can do some market research to know the right value of industrial tables, and then go for popular brands to buy the workbench.
- Application: When you buy an industrial table, you must also consider your work application. As mentioned before, there are many types of worktables used in different industries. So, you need to consider which type can make your job easier. For example, a light table will be a great choice for drafting, but a stainless-steel heavy-duty table will be better for heavy work in manufacturing units and clean rooms.
- Features: After you have selected the type of your worktable based on the type of work you do; it is time to pick the features. Different industrial tables are equipped with many useful features. The more features you choose, the easier your work will be. For example, researchers work with harsh elements and chemicals at the laboratory. So, a corrosion resistant and the chemical resistant table is the best option for the lab. There are several other features to choose from as well such as laminar flow workstations, lift tables etc.
- Electronics: You may need to plug in tools while working. It becomes an inconvenience if the working space is small, the cords are short, or you have many tools. The best solution is to get electronic tables with power outlet where the machines can be plugged in. Although they are more expensive, they are a must in the workplace.
- Size: Size is not a very important factor if you need only one or two tables, but when your workplace needs to be filled with industrial tables, then you need to choose the right size very carefully. You need to keep in mind that your workers need to move freely and comfortably from one side to another side of the workplace without disturbing each other. So, a table must not take more space than necessary.
Having a rough idea about the types and characteristics of the industrial worktables will help you buy the best table for your workplace.