If you are involved in a pedestrian accident, the consequences can be devastating. You may not only suffer physical injuries, but also emotional trauma. When it comes to personal injury law, there are many different types of cases that may apply. If someone is injured or killed due to another person’s negligence, they have the right to seek compensation for their losses and damages through a civil court case. Here we will discuss some common questions about pedestrian accidents and personal injury lawsuits so that you’ll know what to do if this ever happens to you!
What is considered a pedestrian accident?
There are many different types of accidents and scenarios that involve pedestrians. Some examples include:
– While crossing the street, you get hit by a car that is speeding or breaks traffic laws.
– You’re walking on public property (i.e. sidewalks, parks) and trip on a defect in the pavement.
– You’re walking through your local mall and you slip and fall because of some water that has accumulated on the floor due to poor maintenance.
What are some common injuries suffered by pedestrians?
There can be many different types of pedestrian accidents depending on what is happening at the time of the incident. If you’re crossing the street and get hit by a car, there is always some degree of bodily injury. However, if someone trips on a defect in the pavement at their local park it’s more likely they will suffer from one specific type of injury such as:
– Broken bones
– Head injuries (i.e. concussions)
– Eye damage/loss of vision due to foreign objects in the eye, etc.
What are some common damages sought after by victims?
Depending on what type of accident has occurred and how severe it is, there can be many different types of damages sought after by the victim. Some examples include:
– Medical bills
– Lost wages/income due to time off work for recovery or missed opportunities at work (i.e. promotion, etc.)
– Transportation costs associated with getting around if you are unable to drive yourself as a result of your injuries, etc.
What should I do if I’m involved in a pedestrian accident?
If you have suffered any type of injury, it is important to know the extent of your injuries. This way you will be able to understand what needs to happen next in terms of getting medical attention and how this may impact you emotionally as well. If there has been a fatality as a result of the accident to one of your family members, you will need to speak with an experienced San Jose personal injury lawyer about your options so they can help guide you.