With close to a million certifications worldwide, PMP is widely linked and has numerous benefits for a project manager. Before you get started there are some pointers you need to be aware. So as to obtain project management professional certification you need to comply with the eligibility criteria and pass the exams. Let us explore some of the key benefits of PMP certification.
The process to obtain PMI certification
Before you are planning to sit for PMI certification you need to consider yourself to be eligible.
- A requirement of 35 hours of project training with close to 36 months of project management experience. If you are having a four year degree, then you may require 60 hours of experience
You need to make an account with PMI and file an application for the exam. It would mean sharing of your basic personal information along with the details of the project you have worked on.
This is when you are training for the exam as it can be on your own or via coursework. This would take several months that would take several months depending upon the frequency of studying.
Taking the exam
A PMP exam can be taken online or offline. In any case the exam would take around 4 hours at the most to complete.PMP training in Mumbai will place you in a better position to clear the exam.
After completion of the exam the certification is valid for three years. You would need to spend 60 hours during that time frame on professional activities to maintain it. If this is not the case you may have to sit for the exam again. A point to consider is that training for the exam would require some level of perseverance and determination. Numerous courses and resource material are available.
Is PMP certification worth the effort?
The worth of PMP certification is dependent professionally and financially it revolves around the circumstances. Once you have decided to opt for thiscertification there are a few benefits that will navigate your decision for the better
- Picking new skills- You will be learning a lot about project management once you are preparing for this exam. When you are taking out hours from your daily schedule tomaster the fundamentals of project management, like budgeting and conflict resolution may boaster your skills of becoming a better project manager.
- Industry recognition- A PMP certification showcases clients or employees the ifs and buts of project management. They may require the experience and training of a professional.
- Job prospects- close to 20,0000 new jobs are expected to be added in the domain of project management as per reports. A major growth is witnessed in the healthcare sector, though major gains are expected in the field of construction, insurance or finance sectors and information services.
- Higher salaries- By obtaining a PMP certification your salaries are bound to increase. Even the median salaries also tended to increase due to certification.
To sum up things this is an ideal answer to the question what does project management professional certification offer?