Ridesharing is a very common form of commute in the US in 2023. Ridesharing has saved money and time for many. But ridesharing has a dark side too. Since the increase in ridesharing, accidents involving taxicabs also have increased. The only option you have if you are ever involved in an accident is to claim compensation. Filing a claim is important since you will be dealing with many forms of financial loss.
So, the first thing you need to do after getting medical attention if you are injured in a taxi accident is to hire a lawyer to deal with the legal formalities. Insurance companies tend to lowball you, and if you don’t have a lawyer, they will succeed in it. A lawyer can protect you from insurance companies and obtain fair compensation for you.
Taxi cab accident
Taxi cab accidents can happen in two different ways. First, a taxi cab could hit the car you are driving or riding in as a passenger. Second, the cab in which you are riding as a passenger may be involved in an accident that is the fault of the driver or that of another motorist.
If a taxi cab hits a car, you are inside, or a motorcycle you are riding, you must prove damages and liability. However, you may need to defend yourself against the taxi cab driver company’s claim that you were negligent. If you are a passenger in a taxi cab who gets hurt in a car accident, the passenger does not need to prove liability because it is rare for a two-car accident to occur without any fault by either driver. You can file a lawsuit against the taxi cab company or the other vehicle’s driver.
Important pieces of evidence you need to collect in a taxi cab accident
Regarding taxi cab accidents, it is crucial to gather evidence. Evidence can be used to prove liability and support your claim for damages. There is some critical evidence to collect as soon as possible if you are involved in a taxi cab accident, such as:
- Photograph: A photograph can show the accident scene, the victim’s injuries, and the damage. When you are involved in a taxi cab accident, take as many pictures as you can safely to help increase the value of your claim.
- Physical Evidence: There are several types of physical evidence. Any damaged property found at the crash site and any objects and items involved in the taxi cab accident may be used as evidence if they are essential to the personal injury claim.
- Witness testimony: It is essential to seek out the names and contact information of witnesses when involved in a taxi cab accident. Witness testimony can be precious in a car accident case and help a victim prove their claim.
- Documents include medical bills and documentation, police reports, and insurance claims: Without the proper documents to show the defendant’s negligence caused the accident, it can be almost impossible for a taxi cab accident victim to prove a feasible claim.
Common causes of a taxi cab accident
As with any other auto accident, several reasons can lead to a taxi cab accident. In some cases, taxi cab accidents are the taxi driver’s fault, while in other instances, the accident is caused by a different factor. Common causes include:
- Drunk driving
- Answering a phone call or texting while driving
- Fatigue driving
- Violation of traffic laws, lights, and signals
- Reckless driving
- Eating while driving
- Bad weather conditions
- Unsafe lane changes
- Night driving
Taxi cab accident lawyers
Suppose you or your loved ones have been injured in a taxi accident caused by the recklessness of an individual. You can get a taxi accident lawyer today to help you utilize the necessary evidence to prevail in your case.