Benefits of a Postgraduate Certificate in Financial Modelling
Financial Modelling certifications is a comprehensive global programme designed to upgrade a candidate’s expert level understanding of finance. You will shuffle through modules based on technology, investment banking, financial advisory, investment management such as equity and fixed income, financial engineering, alternative investments and corporate finance problem-solving.
This postgraduate course put to tests a candidate’s capability to create a systematic and disciplined approach to take investment and financial decisions by employing the appropriate tools. This article emphasises the many advantages that come along when you choose to pursue a certification course in financial modelling.
Who is Financial Modelling certification for?
This Financial Modelling Certification is particularly suitable for candidates who aspire to work in the banking industry. It is also ideal for all finance generalists and specialist or graduates, who want to land a career in any the following job profiles:
- Equity Analyst
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Fixed Income Analyst
- Investment Advisor
- Corporate Strategy and Finance
- Portfolio Manager
Why is earning a Financial Modelling certification so important?
The evolution of financial markets globally over the past few decades, along with other investment genres, is the reason behind the rising demand for finance professionals with a deep understanding of analysis using tools and a new level of sophistication.
This certification is a credential tailored specifically for business professionals who want to acquire an advanced level of competency within the realm of finance.
After successful completion of the certificate programme, graduates will be eligible to add desired value in a career in any sectors ꟷ private equity, hedge funds, investment banking, asset management, equity research, private wealth management and corporate finance strategy.
If you are already involved with financial markets, then having this certificate under the belt will only make it easier for you to become an entrepreneur, advisor, and accountant
What are the skills acquired from a financial modelling certification course?
This certification programme is most suited for students who want to get an in-depth idea about creating financial models from scratch. You can be sure to improve your skills and knowledge in the following areas.
- Preparing loan schedules and related calculations;
- Forecasting future performance of a company using a model built-in Microsoft Excel;
- Basics of the time value of money;
- Fundamental analysis of securities;
- Capital budgeting and its techniques;
- Mergers and Acquisitions, post-merger calculations;
- Financial statement analysis using ratios;
- Understand the relationships between items within a financial statement;
- Dividend and its pay-out policies by implementing managerial accounting;
- Decision-making and relative valuation;
- Risk and return calculations using standard deviation;
- Concept of capital structure and cost of capital;
- Analysing tax computations, executing financial modelling of deferred tax and managing tax losses;
- Demonstrating innovative ways of handling income statements, assets, cash flows and liabilities
Opt for a post-graduate certification in financial modelling today to be well-equipped with the tools required to produce financial forecasts that can illustrate the answers to modern-day business issues. Get your hands on the best-practice techniques of financial modelling be proficient at its integration.
This article was written by Deblina Dam.