Heroin addiction is a problem that has become extremely common among today’s youth. It is an opioid which has been originated from morphine. Like any other drug, it can also be sniffed, smoked, snorted, and injected. Intake of heroin can cause addiction which hinders the activities of the brain.
Its addiction is termed opioid use disorder and needs treatment from a suitable rehab. Its addiction and is termed opioid use disorder and needs treatment from a suitable rehab opioid treatment in Worcester. So it is necessary to provide eternal help to a person with heroin addiction symptoms. For this, you must know about the potential symptoms a person addicted to heroin may show.
- If you notice the person is agitated or even drowsy continuously, it may be due to heroin intake.
- The speech of a person becomes slurred.
- The size of the pupils becomes smaller or constricted.
- The person may be suffering from depression.
- The person may be having severe memory problems.
- If the drug is injected using a syringe, needle marks on the body.
- If the person has snorted the drug, you might notice a runny nose or even nose sores.
- The person may not detect pain as a sober person would.
Some additional symptoms are also a dead giveaway of addiction toward this particular drug.
Changes In The Appearances
As the drug reduces a person’s control over their own body, you may easily spot some apparent changes in their appearance. In most cases, the person may not maintain personal hygiene. The intake of this particular dug makes the person so oblivious to the changes taking place in the body. Once it turns into addiction, you may not be able to recognize the person if they have not undergone any treatment.
Changes In The Behavior
Another common effect that can be detected easily when the person becomes an addict is drastic behavior change. You may think that the person can become more secretive as the communication may be reduced. In the majority of the cases, the addict seems to become aggressive pretty soon while being under the control of this drug.
Issues Related To Money
Money issues are also heroin addiction symptoms as the person may need more money to buy this drug. It becomes a symptom when the person starts giving illogical reasons to have more cash. You may even hear them saying that they lost the money or it somehow went missing. If this becomes too frequent, it Is because of their addiction to this drug.