There are a couple of ways through which pornography affects us. The effects of pornography on us are usually negative. It affects our brain, social life, and our body negatively. However, pornography also has its positive way of affecting us.
Before the introduction of the internet and pornography websites, magazines with erotic content such as playboy were existent. Pornography was not common back then because not everyone could gain access to such magazines, especially minors below 18, and adults living with their parents.
In today’s world, children below the age of 16 can have 100% access to online pornography websites with just a single click from their smartphones and computers. This can have negative effects on such children as they grow older. However, we will be discussing the negative effects and health benefits of watching pornography, and how it affects us.
Negative effects of pornography
The negative effects of pornography are so serious that it may require the intervention of a therapist in most cases. Let’s take a look at the negative effects of pornography.
1. Withdrawal from social activities
One of the effects of pornography video xxx is withdrawal from social activities. While people watch pornography, there is a high tendency of having self-pleasure, otherwise known as “masturbating”. This act alone is addictive and can keep one away from social activities or cause social isolation.
2. Erectile Dysfunction
This may sound a bit untrue to you, but it is true. Pornography is responsible for at least 70% of erectile dysfunctions in young adults. This is otherwise known as “porn-induced erectile dysfunction”. This is when a man is unable to maintain or get an erection during sexual intercourse with his partner due to excess exposure to pornography and pornographic content. Porn changes a man’s sexual appetite.
3. Relationship problems
About a good number of broken homes and divorce cases are caused by pornography. Some partners may view pornography as a betrayal of their relationship. This act alone can lead to relationship problems.
4. Pornography rewires the brain
Many couples have issues with satisfying each other sexually, and this has led to lots of infidelities in the relationship. Excess watching pornography rewires the brain and gives a false perception of sexual fantasies. A pornography addict usually has a hard time getting aroused and maintaining an erection thus lacking intimate time with their partner, which can lead to infidelity.
5 One partner may feel disrespected and insecure if the other partner starts watching pornography. This might create a feeling that they are not so good enough for each other.
6. As discussed earlier, pornography rewires the brain and makes it more difficult to view sex as an act and expression of love for each other. This can greatly reduce sexual satisfaction in relationships and marriages because one partner may expect the other partner to act exactly like what they’ve watched in pornography.
7. There is usually guilt and possible mistrust which could split marriages and relationships apart.
8. There is an increase in aggression during lovemaking with your spouse.
9. Pornography kills love for your partner.
10. It is highly addictive and quite difficult to stop watching pornography.
11. Higher chances of getting mood swings.
12. Pornography makes men view women as nothing more than sex objects.
13. Difficulty with getting an erection or sexually aroused without porn.
14. Pornography users tend to have loose or decreased interest in their partner.
While the list goes on and on, there are also positive effects of pornography;
Positive effects of watching pornography
1. You can enhance your sexual activities with your partner.
2. Pornography can spice up a couples’ love life.
3. There is an increase in sexual satisfaction from watching pornography.
4. Pornography encourages masturbation. According to research, men who orgasm more have a lower chance of having prostate cancer.
4. Watching pornography is a type of safe sex.
6. It can be quite entertaining.
There is a saying that goes “too much of everything is bad”. However, watching pornography moderately is healthy and can help spice up your relationship and sex life. It becomes dangerous and harmful when you constantly watch it and eventually get addicted to it. Generally, the negative effects of pornography on us outweighs the positive effects of pornography.
If you are addicted to pornography and wish to stop it, visit your therapist.